- Prospects Registration – only for U8 & U9 players who wish to participate in the Prospects training program. This is in addition to registering and playing in the House league.
- Training Player Registration – only for players who have been evaluated and accepted as Training Players on Development and Select teams. This is in addition to registering and playing in the House league.
Registration opens May 15th.
- The season begins the third weekend of September and we accept registrations through to February. Player break from late November through to mid-February, and then play until early April.
- The early-bird registration and payment period ($25 discount) ends June 30th.
- We still accept registrations after June 30th and through the season however you may end up on a wait list.
- Players must be at least 4 years old by Aug 31 and no older than 17 years of age by Dec 31.
- Space is limited, if you end up on a wait list your payment will not be processed until a spot opens up and you accept it.
- There is a discount for 3rd+ sibling (does not include extended family e.g. cousins).
- If you are applying for financial assistance (see below) then please do so as early as possible.
- Register in the House program unless you have attended an ID session and received an email from the association offering you a spot in the Select program
Development and Select Players Only register for Select or Development AFTER you have been evaluated at an ID session in April and received an email. Training Players must register in the House league. Prospects Players All Prospect players please register in the House league.
New 2 Season Approach…
From a lot of feedback over the last few years and highlighted by this year’s snowy winter SYSA has gone with a two season approach for the 2017/18 season.
The first part from Sept – Nov/Dec 2017 will be very similar to it has always been. Various age divisions and “league” games every Sat morning.
The biggest change from previous years is that we will have set practice days and times were we will have either the SYSA Head Coach or another paid coach running the practices with the volunteer coaches assisting. The training sessions for the week will be sent out to coaches prior to the actual session so they can be well prepared to assist.
This will help with both player and coach development and help foster a SYSA model of playing and coaching. We will be looking for feedback from coaches through the sessions on areas that they would like to see player development in.
The second season is something new that we are going to try based again on member feedback and also success that we saw this March and from other clubs.
There will be no set teams and instead there will be a Jamboree format for each of the age groups U6-U12. Meaning that players of an age group will show up and split into warm up drills and then split into small sided games. This will focus on lots of touches on the ball and fun!
U13+ house league for both seasons will participate in a coed league that will play on Friday evenings and have a training session during the week.
We are hoping this new format will help with player and coach development and provide an opportunity to not play in winter conditions. As it is the first year for SYSA running this we will be looking for feedback throughout the year.
There are three ways to register…
We only accept Mastercard, Visa or cheque online (sorry no debit cards). If you haven’t registered in the last few years you will have to create a user account by clicking on New User. Otherwise, please use the login info from previous seasons. If you choose to pay by cheque your registration will not be complete and we won’t be able to assign your child to a team until we receive payment. Please mail your cheque in with a copy of each registration confirmation email we send you so that we know who the payment is for.
CLICK HERE to go to the registration system.
In person registration will take place in June – visit here in June for date and location.
Join the SYSA Team
- The request for refund is received in writing from the payee by the Registrar (firstname.lastname@example.org) and must include a mailing address for the refund cheque.
- The request is received no later than September 30th.
- The team jersey (if issued) has been returned. After September 30th, the Registrar (email@example.com) should be notified of withdrawal in order to update team player lists. Please also tell your coach if you are leaving the team.
We don’t want to see any child miss out on soccer because of financial considerations. There are several organizations which provide financial assistance for children to play sports. A few are:
Apply for Assistance
Jumpstart Charities gives kids a sporting chance. Participating in sport helps kids develop physical and social skills. It helps build self-esteem. By helping kids get into the game, we’re equipping them with determination. And we’re giving them confidence that will extend beyond practices and games.
Apply for Assistance